From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:02:01 -0700

> >It is of interest to note that EFB-infected larvae found in one apiary
> suffering from CCD were distinctly corn-yellow in appearance (Figure 2A) as
> opposed to the usual beige appearance of infected larvae (Figure 2B).
> Microscopic examination of smears from these samples revealed nearly pure
> cultures of EFB's causal agent Melissococcus pluton.

This larval appearance is exactly what I've been reporting for nearly three
years, with samples from my yards sent to the research team.

As Dave says, I also suspect one or more viruses.

Last year I saw unusual AFB-like and EFB-like symptoms, as well as larvae
and pupae dying from unknown causes.  I can likely rule out synthetic
miticides and pesticides.  I've looked at sick brood for many years, but the
symptoms that I'm seeing nowadays are often different.

Randy Oliver