From:
Vanessa de Behr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:18:38 +0200
Some of us inquired about the current thinking of ERIC H. ERICKSON, JR.,
BARBARA J. ERICKSON, and ALLEN M. YOUNG about africanized honeybees.
Some local CAB cdROM search on their recent publications (after 1995) gave
me this result:
-   Erickson-EH in Bee-World. 1999, 80: 3, 119-123; 8 ref. ; Territoriality
and the africanized honey bee. ; Abstract: The defensive and territorial
behaviour of Apis mellifera scutellata is discussed. Head butting and
buzzing are seen as integral factors in defensive behaviour.

A google search gave out the link http://gears.tucson.ars.ag.gov/publ/ ,
listing (among other very interesting data and links):
-   11.Erickson, E.H. ; Territoriality and the Africanized Honeybee ; Bee
World 80 (3): 119-123: 1999
-   16.Erickson, E.H. ; Africanized Honeybees ; Handbook of Structural
Pests. Accepted 6/99
-   18.Erickson, E.H. ; Stinging Pests ; Ent. Soc. Amer. Handbook of
Household and Structural Insect Pests. R.E. Gold and S.C. ; Jones, Editors.
P. 23-26. 2000.

It seems at least E.H. Erickson did not stop thinking ;-).
I could not find any access to Bee World nor  summaries of those books.
Still searching.

Vanessa de Behr
Sunday's beekeeper
Belgium, colza/rape/canola flowering under rainy 10°C/50°F days. Thinking
about buying tiny umbrellas.

Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> OUR EXPERIENCES IN COSTA RICA. PART I.
>> Bee Culture - September, 1986
>> By ERIC H. ERICKSON, JR., BARBARA J. ERICKSON, and ALLEN M. YOUNG
(snip)
 If the viewpoints in this article are
no longer held by these authors as truth, where might one find their updated
views? I'd be interested to read them. (snip)