Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:32:38 GMT
>>Yes WEAKLY anti-viral. Thats why I said LOTS

That is correct.  People take studies that used just 100 mg or less
of vitamin C and proclaim to the world it does nothing. :)  C is 60-
some times more toxic to viruses than to humans - not sure about
honey bees - so one can use it intravenuesly etc. in large doses to
hold the virus down while naturally developing anti-bodies to the
virus.

>>(C has little effect on bacteria or other parasites so...)

C probably improves the health of these non-viral organisms. :)

>><1gm to 3-4gm (dependant on strength), ideally /day
In reality, weekly

This amount of C to what amount of feed?

>>No?  I get the sense that they (dimly) realize
that this is 'better'

Did you notice any reluctance on the part of the bees to take up the
feed laced with vitamin C?

Did you have the luxury to check the vitamin C perfomance vs. control
colonies on placebo?

Did dwindling colonies treated with vit. C make a turn around?

Waldemar