From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 12:06:52 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:
> Were large commercial beekeepers with big CCD losses in the US using
> OA?  I guess we won't know since OA is not registered.
A problem the team faces. Who is going to admit they are using illegal
treatments? Add that some use multiple OA treatments and you are asking
for trouble.

CCD and OA just do not fit since the EU has used it for a long time
without CCD showing up. Same with Formic. Plus, wasn't the
non-commonality of mite treatment an initial finding, which would seem
to rule OA?

Or, since CCD seems to be an evolving problem that takes on new
parameters as it goes along, maybe OA now fits. By the time this gets
done, hiccups will fit under CCD. Since that is my current condition, I
ask for indemnification.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine