Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:40:58 -0500
Actually, there has been a fair bit of comment on the subject.

Using "Australia OR Oz AND queen" with substring checked got me 1678 messages and "Australia AND queen" ("Oz" also brought results for  "oz" -- the abbreviation for "ounce" so I had to try leaving it out) turned up 1132, so maybe choice of terms, spelling or not checking the substring option caused reduced effectiveness in your search.

In the past, we have sometimes been subjected to quite a bit of general and opinionated comment on this topic, some of which was tinged by protectionist sentiment and unfounded speculation, and short on fact.

Australia is a huge country with many varieties of bees and beekeepers.  Saying, "Australian queens" is like saying, "US queens".

I hope any responses will be specific and name the supplier and the approximate year of the experience related.

That being said, there are some trends and the number of exporters has been quite limited, so specifying the source supplier or region may turn up some useful comments.