From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:55:51 -0400
Bob said: "Why don't you tell the rest of the story Brian. Assail is sprayed on the
bloom while bees are in the field"

not around here Bob. Coddling moth is a June problem and bloom arrives in late April to mid May, so no we have no reason to use Assial here for Coddling Moth before bloom.  The growers I know through the MN Apple Growers Association do not spray insecticides before or during bloom as usually its too cool for them critters plus we have no fruit to get damaged yet. Growers putting down insecticides for insects before bloom are using a more scorched earth approach from my perspective.

The first insecticide application up here is at petal fall after the bees are on their way out.

I have no doubt your apple pests are different then here in MN. But I do not see Missouri as a really big apple growing state like these top 5 producers

   1.  Washington
   2. New York
   3. Michigan
   4. Pennsylvania
   5. California

most of which are more northern then MO, so therefore I feel your information is likely the exception and not the rule for most beekeepers working with apple pollination.  Quit trying to scare all of the apple pollinators!