From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 20:11:30 -0500
I have an opportunity to install a large observation hive in a
commercial building as part of a food market kiosk..

A major concern is the length of the tube. Due to the locaton in a busy
urban area we wanted to go straight up from the hive and out the roof
(flat roof) to keep the bees away from the public sidewalks .

After perusing the web I found some reference to straight up access
being a problem. How long is too long? The ceiling height is over 15 ft.

Does anyone have some experience with large indoor  installations
and plumbing them to the outside world?