From:
John Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 09:13:48 EDT
In a message dated 9/6/00 12:37:41 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Personally, I think this outstanding safety record should be balanced
against
who knows how many hundreds or thousands of cases of food poisoning
that would be caused by letting flies roam free in restaurants.

And if people are worried about pyrethroids in their food, they would do much
better to monitor the use of automated sprayers in local restaurants, hotels,
nursing homes, etc. that squirt pyrethroids every 15 minutes all day long in
the kitchen and dining areas to knock down flying insects — than they would
do worrying about contamination of honey from  Apistan. There are no recorded
cases of poisoning from Apistan use in beehives of either beekeepers or honey
consumers that I am aware of. If pyrethroids are slipping into the human food
chain, the most likely place to start looking is in the sanitation practices
in the commercial kitchen.