From:
Dick Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:19:18 -0800
I wrote:
 >"The bee books say that for someone not used to being stung massive
swelling can occur, sometimes increasing in size for 72 hours and even
lasting for a week."

To which Janet replied:
 >Another dangerous statement.

I now write:
As I see it there is nothing dangerous in my remarks whatsoever. It was
simply a statement of fact. Local reactions do get quite large for some
people and do last more than a few minutes.  Aaron posted some remarks
on bee sting allergies, so there’s no point in me rehashing what Aaron
has already said.

 >There is no way to predict whether someone will become "used to being
stung"

Well, yes you are right. Where in my post did I mention anything
implying there was a way to predict?

Regards,
Dick Allen