From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 13:17:42 -0500
Hello Allen & All,
 Allen wrote:
 Good info on the temperatures and humidifies and other details of queen
rearing  is hard to find.

Several of my friends keep only a container of water in the incubator for
humidity and have never checked humidity.
Allen wrote:
 Many beekeepers use 92 degrees F for the reason that this
 provides a margin of safety against overheating which is far, far more
 harmful -- even for a short time -- than slightly cooler than optimal
 conditions.

I use a electronic thermostat which is uneffected by barometric pressure
changes. The thermostat is the type used to hatch Ostrich eggs and 1/10
degree F. activates this thermostat. Nick Carlderone gave us the temperature
of 94 F.
The incubator can be set for precise humidity settings if only I knew what
those were. Maybe precise humidity is not neccessary. Nick did not mention a
humidity setting when he sent us the 94 F. temperature.
Bob