From:
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 07:56:59 -0700
To Bee-L Members:

We are pleased to announce the official launch of our Honey Bee Research
Home Page.  Our work focuses on using honey bees as a form of miner's
canary for environmental pollutants ranging from trace elements to heavy
metals and radionuclides as well as complex mixtures of organic chemicals.

In addition, we study the cumulative effects of mites, food resource
availability, weather, and other stressors on bee colony structure and
performance.  Finally, we have unique facilities for studying the effects
of exotic and genetically engieered microbial pesticides (MPCAs) on whole
colonies of bees.

We hope that you find these pages interesting and helpful.  We plan on
developing pages for kids and in support of the bee industry in the very
near future.  Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

You can find us at The University of Montana-Missoula
(http://www.umt.edu) listed under Institutes, Centers, etc.

The full address for Bee Alert! is:   http://www.umt.edu/biology/bees

Enjoy!

Jerry J. Bromenshenk