Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:26:20 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (3 lines)
Our local bee club for our October meeting had a rep from Monsanto corp. speak to us about this very subject  As a consumer I was very interested , I listened to everything this person said who obviously was there to calm any fears or stop any misconceptions. I still made my own informed decision ( which I will not reveal here). But I ignored opinion and read and listened to the science. This whole subject and the back and forth reminds me of something my father use to say . NEVER believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. Maybe the New York times is a good source for some of you ,I say this not having the read the article, but it is not a peer reviewed. We should all form our own opinion based on the best facts/science available. Remember also everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we should respect that no matter if we agree or not. Inform yourself before you decide and your purchasing dollars can make your approval or disapproval known. A local store here quit selling the GM  foods available because too many customers had questions they could not answer. So the power of the mighty dollar won as it usually does.
Michele

ATOM RSS1 RSS2