From:
Doug Yanega <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 11:11:54 -0500
>Is there anyone out there researching the molecular biology/ecology
>of bees (eg RAPD's and molecular ecology)?
>Hoping for contact, Dave

Right at the moment, two folks working on molecular phylogeny of sweat bees
(and, I think, some plans for Apis work) are Bryan Danforth and Mike Engel
at Cornell ([log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]). I think Lawrence Packer
at York University in Canada is working mostly with allozymes, also on
sweat bees, and I think the folks in Mike Schwarz' lab over there at
Flinders are doing molecular work with Allodapines. I'm not sure if Deb
Smith at the University of Kansas has any bee projects going on at the
moment, but it's a good possibility, also.
Hope this helps,

Doug Yanega       Illinois Natural History Survey, 607 E. Peabody Dr.
Champaign, IL 61820 USA      phone (217) 244-6817, fax (217) 333-4949
 affiliate, Univ. of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Dept. of Entomology