From:
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 08:26:52 -0800
Hi All,

> Tim Arheit asked:
>
> > Anyone have any tips and trick on collecting bees in a jar for use with
> > apitherapy,
> > especially during the winter months?
>
> My suggestion is:  DON'T!  I have too much lawyer in me to recommend that
> anyone accept the risk that the recipient of his well-meaning gift of bees
> might have an extremely adverse reaction to bee venom.  Perhaps MS
patients,
> who have messed-up immune systems to begin with, are more likely than
others
> to react catastrophically.

As long as this patient has a doctor to prescribe bee stings and has a
doctor monitor their reaction to their stings for the first several sessions
it should be ok. There are doctors who use this therapy and with MS patients
it works with I think 60% of them, so I read. Like I wrote before, request
and get a doctors note. You might even call the doctor that the patient uses
to verify the note.

Keith Malone
Chugiak, Alaska USA
http://takeoff.to/alaskahoney

Check out current weather in my area and 5 day forecast;
http://www.wx.com/myweather.cfm?ZIP=99654