From:
Mike Rowbottom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 06:57:24 +0100
At 00:28 13/09/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>In the UK we have a voluntary insurance scheme. I gather that costs
>exceed income at the moment and the scheme may fold. AFB is very rare in
>my part of the UK, though there has been a couple of recent detected
>occurrences. EFB is much more common by virtue of our intermittent
>flows.
>
>--
>James Kilty

Hi

The data from the Bee Disease Insurance Co show that there has been a
progressive increase in the number of EFB claims per insured colony in the
UK over recent years.  The incidence of AFB claims per insured colony has
been erratic about what appears to be a constant level over the same period

Regards

Mike Rowbottom

Harrogate
North Yorkshire