From:
William Morong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 10:02:35 -0400
At 12:41 PM 5/10/2000 +0100, James Morton wrote:

>The mite Demodex follicularum lives in human hair follicles, but is too
>small to be likely to be noticed. The insect Phthirus pubis is quite
>commonly found on eyelashes where it causes itching and irritation.
>Neither is associated with bees though.

Yes, I was aware of the usual eyelash mites, and my eight legged cooties
can't be insects, but my infestation happens only when I work on certain
colonies, and has happened repeatedly.  As soon as we pass this spell of
cold weather, I'll put the menthol to those colonies, and see if they still
get me infested.

Thanks to all for your ideas,

Bill Morong