From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 13:05:33 -0700
Dave:
Such an arrangement does not allow enough separation
between the nest itself and the area where the anarchy is
to take place

Reply:
Then how come I can have an active queen laying whole deep
frames up with eggs up above, and see eggs and young larva
above in about 6 frames in a 3rd deep, and some in the 4th
deep even, and then when checking down below can find just
a small patch less then the palm of my hand of fresh eggs
layed? Certainly the queen isn't running back and forth
between the top and bottom part of the unlimited broodnest?
How would you rationalize this behaviour? Especially since
it was noted with higher frequency behaviour in our type of
bees back in the 1980s and printed in 1991?

Don't think I am seeing anything too different.

Respectfully submitted,

Dee A. Lusby
Small Cell Commercial Beekeeper
Moyza, Arizona