From:
Yuuki Metreaud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 11:36:37 -0500
Hello all,  With the release of the Russian queen which is touted to be
somewhat resistant to Varroa, I am curious as to what people's
experiences have been with this genetic stock so far.  I know that it is
early but in my opinion it is never to early to see if this resistance
exists and if it can be improved.  I am also curious as to the other
qualities of this bee which is very important if it is to be used
widely.  Is it gentle? How well does it winter?  Is it a good honey
producer, etc.  I would be grateful for any educational information.

      Also does anyone have any further information, other than that on
the Carl Haydn website, on the supposedly resistant/tolerant stock they
are working on in Arizona.
                            All the best and happy beekeeping, Yuuki