From:
Tim Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:45:58 -0400
To Blaine and Dennis, are you sure that F1 is the proper name for a
daughter of a pure bred SMR queen? I think that the designation should
rather go to the queens produced from the eggs layed by open mated
daughters, which would be laying 25% plus SMR brood, depending on the daddy
drones.

This is why I wonder if we'll get good honey producers any time soon with
open mated SMR daughters, as except for spotty brood, and the vigor of her
hybrid offspring she herself will still have the other characteristics of
her mom, right?