From:
Jennifer Short <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2018 11:18:35 -0700
51 degrees at tx. (10:30am)
overnight 45 degrees currently on avg.
2 colonies treated.
First colony - 5-6 seams of bees in brood box (deep), 5-6 seams in top box
(med).
Opened once the entire vaporization protocol was finished (2:30m,
2:00m,10:00m) there was very little crystallization visible - bees seemed
concentrated on the left side and I placed the wand on the middle right.

so I did another while interrupting the protocol at the beginning of the
second step.

This photo was taken in a second tx colony with a cluster (pretty tight) of
6-7 seams in the brood box (deep) and 4 seams in the top box (medium).
This was after the 2 1/2 minute treatment step and during the 2 minute hold
before taking out the vaporizer wand.  This is the center frame in the
bottom box and the wand was centered in the entrance.

I run with slatted racks and screened bottom boards, the slatted rack may
drive the vapor up locally, and the wand may need to be placed directly
under the cluster to maximize effects.

Hope that was what you were looking for,
Regards,

*Dr. Jennifer Short, DVM, MBA*