From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:12:11 EDT

[log in to unmask] writes:

 the issue  we have  going in CA. right now with this  seedless Mandarin
orange
legislation which  prohibit bees within 3  miles of growers choosing this
crop for their
production  land?

My mind is boggling!! Are they really (in the land of the free)  legislating
to prevent one exotic species pollinating another?  What if  there is an
almond grower in the vicinity?  How shall they prevent native  insects from
interfering with the sex lives of oranges?

Apart from netting to exclude insects, have they tried going through  the
orchards with a leaf blower to remove most of the flower petals?  One  or two
decoys left with petals should get most of the attention of bees  etc.

Chris