From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:17:07 -0400
right now across Minnesota coops and farm supply operations are heading out today with
boom sprayers to spray lorsban on flowering soybeans for aphids.

i assume this is going on all over the midwest.

for fun I am calling the mn dept of Ag director of pesticides and enforcement to have him
explain how this massive disregard for label laws and pollinators can go on year after
year.

i'll ask him if he remembers the pre-aphid period before 2000 when butterflies and
pollinators appeared to be more common and news of missing bees had not yet started.

i will remind him that with a crop or not many of the bean growers get checks in the form
of subsidies. i'll ask him if he is aware of any programs that pay beekeepers for no honey
or weakened bees.

then I'll ask him as a tax paying citizen of MN what he is going to do about it. I'll ask him
if I need to call the attorney generals office to have them look into MDA and whether they
are too close to Big Ag and or why they are not making even a feeble attempt to rein in
this illegal spraying.

(please no recycled pictures of butterflies in fields of the midwest as a rebuttal, we've
seen those before and they prove nothing - thanks)