From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2006 12:52:13 -0800
"Bill Truesdell (who is actually 26, but everything else is true. Just
disregard the man behind the curtain.)" - a fifteen year veteran.

  So you've been doing this since you were eleven years old?  I'm impressed!  I could barely read, let alone type, at that age!

  With regards to thoughts of logging off:  The hard part for me is pondering how to respond to the ignorant zealots and reactionaries, if in fact, I should respond at all.  Will my corrective *opinion* change them?  Will it only inflame the issue?  Should incorrect assumptions based on anecdotal musings stand uncorrected?

  I don't know.  Some days I'm up for the foray and other days I let those sleeping dogs lie.  I've preferred to lurk, glean the good stuff, and let the rest of the chaff fall to the floor.  I still believe that if your bees respond favorably you must be doing something right, but that doesn't give you the monopolistic right to proclaim your methods as the definitive cause of your success, implying my methods are a recipe for disaster.  There are a lot of variables.  A little humility helps.  I'm convinced two cooks can prepare the same recipe with different and unintentional results.

  I will always, and faithfully read EVERYTHING from Adrian Wenner, Joe Waggle, Jim Fischer and Bob Harrison.  I read them, not because I agree with them, necessarily, but because I think they have something intelligent to say.

  There are others whose post I don't even bother to open.  They get deleted right off the in-box list.  I've read their opinions.  They come from a different place than I do, but that doesn't necessarily make them wrong.  Perhaps I ought to read them, if nothing else, just to hear a different voice.

  I read this forum because I consider it to be an on-going conversation, as if a couple of friends sat down over a cup of coffee (and I usually have mine handy when I'm on the computer).  I've never really considered this forum to be the fount of all knowledge, but I've sure learned a lot. I think the beauty of this forum is that we can pick and choose, respond or ignore. And if I disagree, I don't need to make a federal case of it.  I can always shut off the computer.

  Hang in there Bill.  Someday you may give someone like me the exact answer I've been looking for.  I continue to remind myself that it takes all kinds of people to make the world go around, even the nuts and flakes.

  Grant
  Jackson, MO