Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:18:23 GMT
>>I am not saying CCD is not real. I know some very smart CCD people
are looking at bees closer than they maybe ever have been looked at
in the U.S. for which I am grateful!

I read in a recent issue of ABJ - an article by Dick Marron I
believe - that small hive beetles and wax moths stay away from CCD-
deadouts!  There is very little, if any, robbing of the CCD-deadouts
by other bees.  In CCD-affected colonies, a dead bee pulled out of a
cell and placed in the midst of the live bees caused the live bees to
disperse.  This makes CCD unique and real for me!

The various insects are 'smelling' something in CCD-affected hives
and stay away.  This is different from everything else that I know
can cause colony losses.

Waldemar
Long Island, NY