From:
Walter Zimmermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 06:03:31 EST
amesfarm wrote:
I saw an article in the last month or so that discussed how quite a bit
of plywood is offloaded to US markets from China which is not
accepted  for high chloriform  (sp?) content. in the EU, Japan  and
other  countries.

It's actually formaldahyde that is given off by the glue.(preservative in
the Science world etc. and not good for the brain)
North American standards control the amount (if any present) in today's
world.
As usual buyer beware.
I have for years and will again shortly use fir flooring plywood 3/4 inch  to
make more boxes for supers.  Sherwin Williams has a paint that I apply
called A 100 (white my choice) that lives up to their 15 year guarantee and the
hive tool scraping on the edges (once cured ) .

Walter
Ontario