From:
"D. Murrell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 08:50:08 -0400
Hi Guys,

I've moved varroa free hives near infested ones and observed the same
results.  Within a few weeks, natural mite fall will be essentially the same.

But here's something else to think about. My small cell hives were
surrounded by hives that migrated from CA almonds. Two semiloads were
dropped within 2 miles. The last remanents of them would be moved to out
yards toward the end of May.

And up to 400 hives would be placed around my small cell yard on about a 1/2
mile spacing. There are two commercial beekeepers who have grandfathered
locations. And suitable bee habitat is scarce.

Yet, my small cell hives thrived without treatment, even when hives
surrounding mine were collapsing from varroa. Some of the surrounding yards
would normally have 40 hives. And would be left with just a couple after the
collapse.

Regards
Dennis