From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 07:04:01 -0400

>Question:  In the North East, how late in the year would you try to mate
>Queens?

Do you have a fall flow from Goldenrod, etc? I would think you could get
queens mated during that flow.

>   I'd like to set up and try to winter more nucs this year.

I finished making my nucs on the 15th of August. Two weeks later than ever
before. I wanted to see how late I could make them, and have them winter
successfully. I made them a bit stronger than usual, and added an extra
comb of feed. You're in Connecticut, so could go a bit longer, but I
wouldn't wait much longer. Perhaps Rollie H. would be able to answer your
question, as he raises queens and winters nucs in CT.
Mike