From:
Mike Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:58:57 -0800
. Have you fed sugar syrup with bleach? Were there any bad
> effects?
Yep,in the spring ,when bees were flying regularly.No,didnt see any
problems.But like you,I have always had some reservations,even though I
know it was used by some as a nosema treatment(used as a syrup drench)Sorry
,I dont have any details as to its effectiveness in that regard.
 We haul barrels of water to some dry beeyards and have always used bleach
in the water to keep down bacteria growth.We only use bleach in thin honey
syrup that is going to be fed to splits or weak hives but cant be fed
before it would sour.You might mix up a gallon as an experiment and see
what would be the smallest amount that would stop fermentation.Might take
less than a spoonfull.
-Mike
(Disclaimer -This isnt advice-dont blame me if all your bees die)