From:
Al Lipscomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 22:51:40 -0400

> To all of you with neighbours,
>                                          Recently two of my
> friends have been faced with the annual problem from
> neighbours.  "Please keep your bees out of my fountain, fish
> pond, swimming pool or some other water feature."

Breaking the bees of this can be a little hard. I have heard of putting
entrance feeders on hives containing only water as a method of getting
the bees to stop visiting other sources. As George mentioned, bees often
like water that we would find rather offensive. Bees also use a lot of
water so a small source will be used up pretty fast.

If the person is willing to work with your friends (does not hurt to
ask) allowing the source to go dry for a few days can help changes the
bees foraging habits.