From:
Conrad Berube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 1997 23:21:48 -0700
Howdy!

A few weeks ago I posted a note pointing folks interested in
mythology and folk tales involving bees to the web site that I
shared with one of my best buds. Many thanks to those of you who
tried to log in and notified me about problems at the site. After
sending a nasty note to the system administrator I discovered to
my embarassment that my buddy (who was/is going through some
serious life changes and movements of personal effects) had let
the account go into default. I took the opportunity to open a new
account closer to where I actually live. So if any of you are
interested in trying to check out the site, or need to alter
bookmarks, or URL calls in your own web pages, this posting will
act as mini web-page.  Use the following links as you would a
bookmark file (you can clip the portion below, and save it as a
file-- make sure the filename ends with the extension ".HTM")
Once on-line and in your browser, you can use the "open file"
option (by typing in or clicking on the directory and filename
you assign to this file) then double click on the colored
portions to link to the sites):<p>

The following two articles contain folk-tales or mythology
dealing with honeybees:

1994<br>

Bee-Riddled Carcass,"</a> <i> Griffith Observer: Journal of the
Griffith Observatory, </i> July 1991<p>

Hopefully the titles of the following articles will explain their
content: <br>
"Beeginings</a> : the evolution of the honeybee (part 2)," <i>
American Bee Journal, </i> (July, 1997)<br>

"Beeginings</a> : the evolution of the honeybee (part 1)," <i>
(October 1996)<br>

Bees</a> : the use of bees in warfare," <I> Dromore Buzzette</I>
(January/February 1997)<br>

Kenya Top-Bar Hive</a> as a Better Hive in Developing Countries,"

Top-Bar Hive</a> as a Better Hive in Developing Countries," <i>
American Bee Journal, </i> August 1989<br>

<a HREF="http://nanaimo.ark.com/~cberube/ktbhplan.gif"> a crude
schematic for constructing a ktbh</a> <Br>

Let me know what you think of the site,

Bee well,<br>
        -              Conrad Berube
       "  `            ISLAND CROP MANAGEMENT
       "   `           613 Hecate St.
   _- -_`-_|'\  /`     Nanaimo, B.C.
  \_\ _ /\-._/\/       (250)754-2482; fax (250)656-8922
       /   | |         email: [log in to unmask]
      '`   ^ ^         http://nanaimo.ark.com/~cberube</pre>