Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2008 13:33:53 GMT
from the link provided:
http://www.mgomanuka.com/main.cfm?id=12

"Our studies show methlyglyoxal is exclusively responsible for the non-peroxide antibacterial activity of manuka honey. There may be some synergistic effects, for instance resulting from polyphenols or not yet identified compounds, which may make methylglyoxal even more effective in honey compared to solutions of methylglyoxal in water. But without methylglyoxal, there probably would be no antibacterial activity at all."

...which to me reads, "at this point, we have no data or evidence to suggest that honey (even our honey with trademarked "factors") has anything to do with the effectiveness of manuka honey, but that it is due to the presence of methlygloyoxal, and we also have no data to suggest that methlygloyoxal on it's own, or added to other honey wouldn't be just as effective".

deknow