From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:30:54 -0800
Hello,

I hope the moderator would approve of this post.

I am looking for beekeepers that ‘do not use
treatments’ on their bees OR plan on ending treatments
soon, that wish to discuss and develop strategies and
techniques that may be employed for the purpose of
collecting, assessing, and integrating woodland feral
honeybee colonies into your beekeeping operation.
Also interested in discussing untreated acclimated
survivor colonies and exploring more natural type
breeding methods and strategies that small operations
can use which may promote genetic variability and
increased mating frequencies with desired stock
specifically in mountain mating yards or other such
isolated woodland areas.  Also, highly interested in
hearing from beekeepers located in mountainous regions
of the north east, but all are welcome.  Possible
future interests include developing a network of
beekeepers who are 'actively seeking woodland ferals'
and are interested in queen swaps for the purpose of
exchanging genetic material from that of these
woodland ferals.

Please contact me 'off list', all replies are kept
confidential.

I'm sorry, but I will not respond to replies sent
other than my personal inbox.

In the subject line please write ’Feral Bee Project’

Best Wishes,
Joe

http://farechase.yahoo.com