From:
malcolm roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1993 14:01:13 +0100
Jean-Marie Van Dyck says:-

>         Practically, the best way is to do as Philip : to move hive for a few
> (3-4) km.  After 10-15 days in summer (a more long time in winter) you could
> put it at its new place.

I agree about summer moves but thing are much easier in winter.  You can
move hives any distance you like providing it is sufficiently cold that
the bees don't come out for a week or more.  They always re-orientate
after a long spell "indoors".  I would wait for settled weather near or
below freezing and then just move them direct to the final position.

--
Malcolm Roe                            Phone  :  +44 442 230000 ext 4104
Crosfield Electronics Ltd              Fax    :  +44 442 232301