From:
Gene Ash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2019 07:25:56 -0500
a Richard Bawden snip followed by > my questions..

John, it has been noted for the last maybe 5 years and conclusively
shown that the standard C4 testing regime consistently throws up
“false positives” for Mānuka honey.  Different testing methodology has
been developed, is in use and is accepted in a number of markets and
doesn’t show this anomaly, but unfortunately the information you’ve
shared continues to cause NZ Mānuka honey producers all sorts of
problems.

>For us old country boys could you explain what is the current test and what are the 'different testing methodology'.

>There are of course less innocent explanation of how this happens.  I suspect with testing we might see the same thing here in the US.

Gene in Central Texas...