From:
"David L. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 13:02:44 EDT
In a message dated 5/3/01 11:55:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<        I know honeybees are wired differently than humans and do not feel
 pain in the same way. And I realize when you are trying to make a living at
 beekeeping some bee blood must be spilled. However, ripping the legs off
 queens strikes me as unnecessary cruelty. >>

   I made a living from bees for years, but I have a problem with this as
well. I would much rather kill a queen instantly, by pinching her head, than
by maiming her. Who knows what suffering this could cause?

   We humans have pretty much full reign in our choices of actions with
animals, but that doesn't mean we are not accountable. Way back in early
Genesis, we are told that God has a covenant with every living thing. That
would certainly include bees.

   I have to have a very good reason to kill bees, and I'd have to have an
even better reason to cause them to suffer. Or I'd have trouble living with
myself.

Dave Green     SC  USA
The Pollination Home Page:  http://pollinator.com