From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:47:58 -0500

>Do you know of any actual documented commercial outfits in
>Arizona...

My new assistant is from Arizona. Worked for Dennis Arp. While not actually
documented, I have no doubt that Dennis' outfit is Africanized. The stories
are incredible. For instance...

When finished with the yard for the day, and the truck is packed up, the
last thing the beekeepers do is run up the road 50 yards, turn around, run
back to the truck as fast as possible, open the door, jump in, slam the
door, and watch the cloud of angry bees crash against the closed window in
their attempt to skin you alive.

Or...you can't even place your smoker on top of a hive. If you do, the bees
pile out in clouds, looking for a fight. Not even the meanest EHB colony
will do these things.

And, I know you will argue with this, Dee, but i believe the results are
clear enough. Of course if you admit the bees in Arizona are Africanized,
then you would have to admit yours were too.
Mike