Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 08:53:37 -0500
Hello All.

Pretty sure this is the first time I have written to the list, but have been
lurking for some time now.

Here is the situation.
Big setup, so bear with me.

I have a total of 37 hives in two seperate locations... 7 are colonies that
were overwintered and have queens from last year, the other 30 are packages
that were installed in April and are doing strong. Half are NWC and the
other Italians.  All started on drawn comb, all doing well and strong. I am
located in Northern Illinois and both locations are on farms.

Now... the stinger.

I am in the Illinois National Guard, and have been ordered to duty and will
deploy the first week of July.  Happy to do my part, but in a dilemma as to
what to do with the hives.  There is a strong possiblity that I will be home
in 4 months, or the end of October, however you look at it.  By that time,
the weather here has turned cold, but snow is not normal until November.

So.  What does the list think, or what is the opinion for hives that are in
out apiaries, and are not tended to very often?  Yes I do belong to a local
bee club, and will address the group on Friday and ask for assistance... my
wife has also taken to tending hives in a limited sort of way.

...Main question... what is the impact of placing mulitple drawn supers on
hives at the same time?  Is there a way that I should attempt this?

Thanks,
Kevin