From:
Layne Westover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 09:24:28 -0600
>>> [log in to unmask] 03/31/02 07:35PM >>> Rick Green said:
I reversed and medicated 60 hives on Saturday and Sunday. Sixty of 60 hives
survived and were in excellent strength. Best I have seen in at least 10
years. I medicated last fall with Checkmite.  Awesome display of spring
strength!

I have not treated any of my hives with Apistan or Checkmite (never have
used checkmite once) since well over a year ago (none last year) and I am seeing
basically the same results.  This past winter I lost one hive out of 18.  All
others are looking great.  This is the best year I've seen since I started
beekeeping so far as bee health and strength are concerned.  Could there
be environmental factors at work affecting the mites?  I only treat when I see
a need, so I haven't treated my bees for a good while now.

Layne Westover, College Station, Texas