Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 17:23:12 EST
The Dorchester & Weymouth BKA annual subscription is £17, reduced to £15 if
you pay by the end of the year.  For this you get indirect membership of the
Dorset BKA and the British BKA; four issues of "Honeycraft" the County
magazine a year; BBKA News 5 times a year; public liability insurance; Bee
Disease Insurance for your first 2 hives (pay extra for more); a newsletter
and other circulars whenever the Secretary has enough to get best value for
the postage stamp (about once a month); a "bee buddy" if you need one; loan
of the extractor; summer apiary meetings; winter talks, quizzes and social
gatherings; bulk purchase of honey jars, Bayvarol/apistan, foundation; shows;
beer and skittles; representation at County and National level; an annual
equipment auction; helping hands in time of need and all round good
friendship and fellowship.
Apart from the financial side, with any organisation such as this the more
you put in the more you get out.
This seems such fantastic value that perhaps we ought to put our subs up.
Chris Slade, Chairman