From:
Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:01:22 -0600
On Mon, 25 Aug 1997 10:27:51 -0400, bartlett wrote:

>Plastic Foundation  -  the stiff kind like plasticell
>
>Would like to hear from people who have used it for a few of seasons.
>
>How easy is it to clean up?  (can't put it in the solar extracter)
If it has been in the brood nest for sometime and the waxmonth don't clean all
of the black stuff off you can soak it in drain cleaner for seferal days and hose
it off.

>If you put it back on after cleaning how well do the bees except it
>back?
just as good as new, i only use the unwaxed as our honey flow is very intense.

>Any warping or cracking?
no if installed corectly, will take a bend if it is installed that way and nearly impossible
to straigthen out

>Can you scrap it clean with a hive tool?  Any damage when you do?
yes you can scrape it clean but too much force and too sharp tool will damage it.
waxmonth damage to comb is only to comb not foundation.
>Any little tricks to handling it?
can be put on any time as bees will not chew it out honey flow or not. A small honey
flow can produce cross comb but can be scraped off and let the bees start all over.
Permendent i will not recomond as the cell walls are not as deep as plastic cell
I have used it for several seasions 10+ and will not use any thing else as wax is too
expensive comparied to the plastic foundation.
>billy bee

Charles Harper
Harper's Honey farm
1000 + Colonies