Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:38:37 -0700
Hi,

> The goal of the above search has always been to find the bee which will
> exist with varroa, produce like the days before varroa (U.S.) AND not need
> ANY chemical treatment.
> All opinions welcomed.

Aren't the Lusby's already doing this? There bees exist with mites using no
chemicals whatsoever.  They have shown us how to do this. All one has to do
is the work and they to will have this type of bees too! I agree with your
Statements about SMR bees. This type of breeding can help but will only play
a part.  If you have come to the conclusion that breeding will only be part
of saving your bees.  What will you do for the other part?

Clay