From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:48:50 -0400
Well, 'today's standards' was a reference to the far more enlightened and
realistic regulations we are seeing.  For example, it would be wrong to
spray DDT by airplanes, as was permitted in the past.

No, I don't believe that every regulation label is always followed to the
letter.  But I also believe that the regulations themselves are written with
full knowledge that sometimes they will not be strictly followed, and a
safety factor is built in.

With the use of any poison there is a trade off.  All I am saying is that if
it is important to reduce death and disability by malaria, etc. there is a
place for DDT as it can be effective where other poisons have failed.
Moreover, DDT can be safely used without damage to humans, raptors, etc.

--
Lloyd Spear
Owner Ross Rounds, Inc.