Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:07:34 GMT
>>...in California( shown at the spring 2005 KHPA meeting)
in almonds showing the Australian bees flying to almonds in RAIN (while several of our best Italian lines huddled at the entrance).

My bees will fly in drizzle or light rain if there is a good flow.  Flying in regular rain escpecially with cold temps can get a lot of bees grounded and dead.

>>Flew and hour earlier and an hour later than our U.S. italians.

I had a hive once that flew an hour earlier and later than the other colonies.  Had me think at first it was going to do exceptionally well.  As the season progressed, it lagged behind the other colonies which made up for shorter work days with more intense flying.

The above is not my disagreeing with you all beekeeping is local.  It's just my thinking out loud.

Waldemar