From:
Mike Rowbottom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:25:40 +0100
At 09:54 23/09/2002 +1200, you wrote:

>Tom Barrett of Ireland wrote:
> >'Control of Varroa, A Guide for new
> >Zealand Beekeepers' ... is a brilliant source of info on all kinds of varroa
> >treatments.
>
>         Quite a few disagree.
>         Apart from its staggering sluggishness in production  -  consistent
>with all other official behaviour regarding what should have been viewed as
>a national emergency
>         I am surprised anyone could say it is a source, let alone a
>brilliant one, on "all kinds" of varroa control.  Several promising
>approaches are not given decent coverage.

Robt

I suggest that you may not realise how well served you are by your
Agricultural Ministry in NZ compared with some other countries.  I found
the book interesting and valuable.  Can you please point to a better,
generally available, low cost publication giving more information?

Regards

Mike Rowbottom

Harrogate
North Yorkshire