Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2011 12:02:29 -0500
Killing the whole colony also gets rid of those flying drones liable to spread agressive genetics throughout the local feral or managed bee population....again, smart move to get rid of it ASAP from my perspective.  Also, consider you are setting an example.  I am not impressed when I hear beekeepers talking about liking/keeping their most aggresive bees because they perform better and have better survivability.
Thanks for the many good suggestions on the issue.

Jerry Wallace
Atlanta, GA