From:
Jack Rath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 07:36:14 -0500
Good morning,

            Am looking for suggestions on methods best suited for a someone
trying to raise perhaps a dozen queens for the first time.  I am overwhelmed
by the amount of information out there.  I have read Harry Laidlaw's book.
I have read Doolittle's book and have also studied Dave Cushman's site as
well as Larry Connor's series in Bee Culture.   I've read up on grafting and
no graft methods as well as swarm cell methods. There are so many
possibilities.  My goal is to requeen my hives and to start about 6 nucs.
Is there a method that would be best suited for a small experienced
beekeeper completely new to queen rearing?  Thanks

Jack Rath

West Pawlet VT