From:
"James W. Hock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 02:24:57 -0400
> This may very well be the case but it might be worthwhile for you to
> do some bee-lining to determine if there actually are any feral
> colonies.  It's really the only way to know - when can't go by the

Before I got into beekeeping, I had apple trees and a garden.  The apples
grew deformed as did many of the vegatables.  I set bait stations out to see
what would show up.  Nothing showed.  Threre was three beekeepers with in
two miles of here four years ago.  All the hives died out, the last
beekeeper is down to one hive.  I'm picking up the slack though.  :)  Since
then I cut down the apple trees and let the garden grow over.  I need the
room for more hives.

Jim Hock
Wethersfield, CT