From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 2009 08:10:12 -0400
On Thu, 28 May 2009 17:33:12 -0500, John & Christy Horton
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Perhaps this is in response to something that has happened.
>Is anybody aware of any incidents where "honey processing" has caused harm
>to someones health?

This Bill is not focused on honey but food in general. I agree honey has not been the
source of any concerns but seriously tell that in a letter to your Representatives.

The peanut, lettuce , ground beef and a myriad of other large recalls has been the
impetus for a new law. Until now FDA had limited involvement in honey and some fresh
produce and it was all USDA. This Bill expands the scope of the FDA. Why should small
producers subsidize the inspections of the large multi national companies by all paying
$1000 fee?

This is currently a draft law I supplied the link for which will be taken up I believe in July
on Congress, then possibly revised then voted up or down.