From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:43:33 EST
Our public maps are deliberately vague -- many beekeepers require
confidentiality before they will answer our questions.

We share more detailed information as appropriate - to the CCD Working
Group, others working on the problem.

However, our databases are set up to respect the beekeeper wishes.   One of
the more frequent requests is that we NOT share specific information with
'their' state bee inspectors or the general public.

I can say that NY has a high percentage (compared to most states) of
respondents who say they've seen this disorder.

Keep in mind, our surveys are only as good as the input that we get.   So
far, over 100 beekeepers have filled out our on-line surveys -- not many
considering the number of beekeepers in the U.S.  We can use more input
(_www.beesurvey.com_ (http://www.beesurvey.com) ).

Thanks

Jerry
J.J. Bromenshenk