Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 06:52:40 -0400
Concerning the use of COR-AL on the small hive beetle. First, I understand
the legal issues involved with
the use of pesticides.  However; This product is 1% coumaphos whereas the
Bayer Bee Strips are 10% coumaphos.  Both products are manufactured by
Bayer.  Common sense would dictate that if the 1% product will do the job,
why use something stronger and less safe to handle ?  Of course the strips
are way more expensive that the powdered product.  Economics could be
playing a role in this as well, and may be one reason that COR-Al is not
labeled for the small hive beetle (bees).  I have not decided whether to use
either product as I
hate the use of any chemicals that might leave a residue in my honey. I am
thinking of traps using small medicine bottles.  Just my thoughts on the
subject and appreciated the input.  Thanks and I hope the winter is kind to
you all.  Will Lewis